The 2021 Mazda CX-5 the compact crossover with an elegant design. Ideal if you’re looking for high-performance quality, it also offers high fuel efficiency. Keep reading to learn more about this vehicle’s features, updates, pricing, and associated deals.
Trims & Amenities
The 2021 Mazda CX-5 has various trims, including the Sport, Touring, Carbon Edition, Grand Touring, Grand Touring Reserve, and Signature.
The Sport version offers:
- Mazda Connect,
- Apple CarPlay,
- Android Audio, and
- a lane departure warning feature.
The Touring version offers:
- a 6-way power-adjusted driver’s seat,
- heated driver and passenger seats, and
- a dual-zone automatic climate control function.
The Carbon Edition offers consumers:
- an exclusive polymetal gray metallic paint job,
- 19-inch alloy wheels that have a black metallic finish, and
- available red leather seats.
The Grand Touring version is equipped with:
- the Bose 10-speaker audio sound system,
- a moonroof with power-sliding glass, and
- a rear power liftgate with programmable height.
Grand Touring Reserve
The Grand Touring Reserve version offers:
- a turbo engine with 250 hp and 320 lb-ft of torque,
- i-ACTIVE AWD, an intelligent all-wheel-drive system, and
- Active Driving Display.
The Signature version offers:
- Caturra Brown Nappa leather seats,
- Smart City Brake Support, and
- a monitor with a 360° view and parking sensors.
Engine & Mechanical Features
The various versions of the Mazda CX-5 have different features; that said, all come with enviable standard features. For instance, most trims have the SKYACTIV®-G 2.5 with 186 lb-ft of torque at 4,000 rpm or the SKYACTIV®-G 2.5 with dynamic pressure turbo and 320 lb-ft of torque at 2,500 rpm.
Most versions come with a front-wheel drive (FWD) system or the i-ACTIV AWD® system with off-road traction assist.
The EPA-estimated fuel economy for most versions with FWD automatic transmission is 25 mpg city and 31 mpg highway. The EPA-estimated fuel economy for most versions with AWD automatic transmission is 24 mpg city and 30 mpg highway.
There’s no shortage of goodies in this crossover.
The 2021 Mazda CX-5 has an updated infotainment system. This new system has a higher quality screen and better performing software. It is controlled using a rotary dial as opposed to a touchscreen, which makes this system stand apart from the competition. Mazda didn’t stop there, though. The company also updated safety features, which includes an automatic braking system.
Most trims offer:
- 5-passenger seating capacity,
- adjustable front and rear headrests,
- a leather-wrapped gear selector,
- a leather-wrapped steering wheel,
- a tilt and telescopic steering column, and
- a pollen filtration system.
But that’s not all. Most versions also have a 10.25″ full-color touch screen display and Bluetooth hands-free phone and audio capability.
This vehicle is certainly designed to impress. Most trims offer:
- LED headlights,
- high beam control,
- daytime running lights,
- intermittent windshield wipers, and
- dual exhaust outlets.
Safety comes first; Mazda knows that, which is why the company has equipped the 2021 Mazda CX-5 with a host of standard and optional safety features to suit your needs. These features include:
- Anti-Lock Brake System with Electronic Brakeforce Distribution & Brake Assist
- Mazda Radar Cruise Control with Stop & Go
- Dynamic Stability Control with a Traction Control System
- Blind Spot Monitoring with Rear Cross Traffic Alert
- Lane Departure Warning System with Lane-Keep Assist
- Smart Brake Support with Collision Warning
- Lower Anchors and Tethers for Children
- Advanced Smart City Brake Support with Pedestrian Detection
- Tire Pressure Monitoring System
- Engine-immobilizer anti-theft system
- Side-impact door beams
- Rearview camera
How does it rank?
The National Highway Transportation Administration gave the car a 5-star crash-test rating. And the Insurance Institute for Highway Safety deemed it a Top Safety Pick+.
Pricing & Deals
Every dealer will offer varying prices on this vehicle. That said, you can expect the 2021 Mazda CX-5 to cost roughly the following:
- Sport – $26,370
- Touring – $28,110
- Carbon Edition – $29,955
- Grand Touring – $31,560
- Grand Touring Reserve – $36,385
- Signature – $38,505
Note that the U.S. News Best Price Program is offering consumers lower monthly payments when they purchase or lease a new 2021 Mazda CX-5.